We’re excited to be able to return to teaching classes. There are going to be some changes that the state says we must follow and some that we think make sense.
Here is the list:
- Sign up for class – you must make an appointment for any class you would like to attend.
- 8 students per class. We can only have 10 people in the building. Ms. Silva and I will be here so that leaves room for eight students.
- Parents must remain outside or in your car. If there are fewer than 8 students parents can make up the for the remaining number
- Students’ temperatures will be taken and hand sanitizer dispensed when entering the school.
- The dressing rooms will be closed. Please wear your karate t-shirt, pants, & belt to class.
- No bathroom use if it can be helped. Please make sure you prepare accordingly before you come to class.
- Class times will be shorter so we can disinfect anything that might need a wipe down.
- Children must be picked up promptly at the end of class. So we can sanitize for the next class.
- Masks will not be required but may be worn if it will help you feel better. According to the rules put out by the state masks are not required if there is 12 feet of space between people. We have spaced the training stations at 12.5 feet apart. So masks are optional.
- No students will be allowed entrance once class begins.
- The most important rule – If you are feeling ill please stay home. You can make up any missed classes when you’re feeling better.
I know that these rules are a little inconvenient but this whole situation is frustrating for everyone. These rules and procedures are sure to change as things progress. Please Let us know if you have any concerns.